Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cracker Jack


Happy Birthday Cracker Jack!
In celebration of this auspicious occasion, I am dressing with appropriate accessories!
Many years ago, while on a visit home, I happened to go into an art gallery with my mother.
We giggled over this necklace which is made out of authentic "Cracker Jack Toys".
In a very nostalgic mood, she purchased the necklace for me.
These tiny charms were hidden in a barrel during the war and later discovered in a Chicago Warehouse and made into jewelry.
How's that for a piece of Art!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous necklace! I love things like this and what a treasure when it has such memories from your Mom. Your blog is one of the highlights of my day. Thank you for sharing some of yourself with all of us.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete