Monday, March 29, 2010

Fairies in the Future

There were so many great costumes this week end at the Con. In fact, as you can see in the last post, Vic is wearing the costume for his next project, Vampire Night.
I had the pleasure to have met the Blue fairy in this photo, it was at the first Comi Con that I attended. In fact, I attended her panel where she taught the method she uses to create these gorgeous wings. Yes, her fairy gowns are breathtaking-as is all of her costumes.
Today, at the Girl Scout meeting we learned to take measurements so we can sew from a pattern. These stunning costumes can be created after lots of practice and thoughtful preparation. They almost look like they are in a dream!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gigi,

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog -- I always enjoy getting feedback. :)

    That's a wonderful photo -- thanks for sharing. I would love to visit a Comi Con one fine day...

    Currently, I have a little giveaway on my blog which is open until April 24.

    Greetings from Munich,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete