Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Current Events

It's really hot here in the valley. Not only is the thermostat rising, but Barbie , that little "hottie"Pin Up doll, manufactured by Mattel for girls of all ages to adore and dress has been the hottest topic at Mystic Paper in Downtown Mesa. It has been several weeks since Jennifer posted the Altered Barbie Swap and the shop has been filling up with long legged looks of all kinds! The Barbies will be featured in a display beginning on Saturday, July 24, so if you are in the area... stop and take a look. Jennifer is offering a sneak peek as well on the store blog too.
A few weeks ago I began the creative process when I saw the photo of this famous magazine cover:

I just had to create a Barbie of her. She was the my first one! I have to admit, I did use a few more bubbles!
My second barbie is not really a Barbie at all.... It's a Ken, my inspiration.....well let's just say he's that well known craft icon that we all know and love. Yes, you guessed it, I got my inspiration here.
The last two Barbies are not famous people, they were inspired from fun and fantasy. You can see a glimpse of one in the photo on the store post! If you see her, let me know what you think!
If you haven't altered a Barbie...try it, not only is it fun, it's addictive!

1 comment:

  1. Please take pictures of the Barbie & Ken so we can see how you did. Love Kukla!

    ReplyDelete