Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rolodex Swap

It seems likes its been ages since the last Rolodex swap. However it's only been one short month! This month the theme was fabric and I had every intention of doing some decorative stitching and I was quite looking forward to it. However life got in the way and before long the project was due. So I got our the stamps and some ink pads and did some painting with alcohol inks on fabric. To finish the card glitter and a ribbon on a safety pin were added. I really am anxious to explore more stamping and coloring on fabric, the Eiffel Tower Barbie was the start of it!
I think this design would look gorgeous with some stitching added to it, perhaps to add a little texture to the hair and then some metallic thread throughout the background for more color. The possibilities are endless....and isn't this what is what makes art fun and magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment