Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Ever After

I recently went to a wedding that was absolutely a wonderful gorgeous event.
It was not the decor, which was the prettiest outdoor, country, shabby chic and tastefully modern setting,  it was the friendliness and warmth which the families of the bride and groom and the guests shared with one another. The most wonderful community of friends were celebrating the beginning of a marvelous journey for these two young people.
When I arrived at the event walking through the twinkling gates into the yard of this home, the back of a  vintage red pickup was open so guests could deposit their gifts. Against this truck was a reception table with the portrait of the bride and groom with the guest book and a vintage birdcage to deposit cards. There I was greeted by the brides grandmother, who I have known for years, and her sisters.


There were many wonderful tables set up across the way, one with the bride and grooms picture and a stack of paper, so that each guest was welcomed to share some advice with this young couple. the next table was charming as it was a photo booth with props to have some fun taking pictures!



 The last table there had several previous generations of wedding portraits of this couples families. It was the sweetest thing.

Looking up from this I was close to the reception line which was so picturesque, as it was right in front of the barn that was decorated up into a dance room!

The family of the bridesmaids and the groomsmen were perfectly attired and the bride the most beautiful I  have seen!
The evening was perfect. A wonderful night to begin a new life together.....
May this couple share a life full of blessings and joy!

Happy Pink Saturday!
For more Pretty Pinks visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet Gigi!

    Happy Easter, my friend! I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

    Hugs,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting and different wedding. I think it all was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In reply to your comment you left on my Pink Saturday, I did not find an email address for you. I would love to have some of the paper. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete