Friday, August 7, 2009

Hot August Night

August is an activity packed month full of celebrations.
Weddings, anniversaries, and .......birthdays.
The best way to celebrate, of course, is through art!
I want to celebrate and share this memory of my mother, Rita, a very creative soul.
It was one hot August that the two of us collaborated and created a book which was to be a wedding gift for my husband , Don. The book recounts an adventure of his pet goat, Dennis. I wrote the story and my mother hand drew the illustrations. We hand bound it into a pop of book complete with sliding tabs and window flaps, and things that lift off the page. This book has given us a lot of pleasure over the years. It is such a fond remembrance of Dennis and his antics.
It is also a visual reminder of how talented my mother was and how much fun we had in the creative process!
Happy Anniversary, Don.......

1 comment: