Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stop To Smell The Roses

Many years ago, while visiting my sister in Dallas, I attended a workshop to make paper flowers. Since then I have been addicted to these colorful blooms. Today I had the chance to attend another workshop,however, it was here in town. This beautiful bouquet is the end result.
It was an afternoon well spent. There are so many different techniques used to construct each different flower it makes the bouquet so amazing. I am so excited to infuse these techniques in other art projects.
It will be interesting to see what will happen with some brown grocery bags, stamps, inks and maybe collage sheets !
Today's project covered a lot of twisting paper and twisting wire.The most surprising event of the project was creating matching crinkle for the base by taking a plain sheet and sending it through the shredder and the pleating the shreds!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! This bouquet of paper flowers is just stunning!! You have to come over and teach me some of these techniques. Pretty please?? This really turned out great. I'm wondering where you took the local class for this? These would make amazing gifts. By the way, are you participating in the Art Doll swap over at ArtChix Studios?? I'm working on mine now but Art Dolls aren't typically my thing, so it's taking me a little longer to do.

    ReplyDelete